So I went to the doctor today, I am 21 weeks so far. And I am still confused on how 40 weeks equals 9 months. I have gone on the internet and used the calculators to determine how many months I am, and the calculator puts me at 5 and half months. I feel that some people just don’t understand, when I say 21 weeks that is 5 and whatever months that I have been pregnant, caring a baby around in my tummy. I am still confused. But the doctor said everything was going fine all the measurement are normal for the time period, but I have been gaining wait a little faster than the “norm.” This is also confusing to me, how am I supposed to know that gaining 25 pounds in the past five months is bad. Doctors, now-a-days, want pregnant women to only gain between 20 and 25 pounds, which I have already passed. I have talked to numerous people, including my mom and mother-in-law and other friends who have had children and I have heard them say all different numbers, like: 45, 42, 36, and even 75 pounds, now that’s intense. I think everyone is just a little different in what they gain. As long as the baby and I are healthy, I don’t think it makes a different. But because I have gained this much weight, I go in for a gestational diabetes test on December 3rd, to make sure my baby is healthy. I would hate to have gestational diabetes because it generally causes women to have significantly heavier children. I am not for having a 13 pound baby. But I cannot physically tell where these 25 pounds is on my body, other than my tummy. I can still wear all my clothes, except some of my pants wont button and my shirts are like belly shirts. I have got a bunch of prego clothes to ease my comfort, because buttons on pants, even if the pants were big, pinched my stomach while I sit in desks at school. Stretch is better!
Another thing about the OB/GYN I go to is, I can’t find out what the sex of my baby is unless I pay for the additional sonogram test, which is $350. I don’t have that kind of money. And if the baby is a boy, I have to pay an additional fee at the hospital for it to be circumcised after I give birth. So I’m pretty upset with this. I just found out my sister-in-law, who is also pregnant, is having a little boy. I would love to know what I am having so I can further plan and buy things, the things that are gender-based, such as: diapers, clothes, and blankets and save for the circumcision. I sure the baby isn’t going to be upset if it’s wearing pink, but still. When I got my one and only sonogram, the baby did not cooperate with us to show us the sex. I guess I won’t be totally upset if I don’t find out what the sex is. All I want, and think everyone else agrees, is to have a healthy baby.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment